Partnerships with GEIC and GIA
Since the 1990’s, Graham Economic Development Partnership between Graham Industrial Association and Graham Economic Improvement Corporation has been dedicated to providing business assistance for new and existing businesses.
Graham Economic Improvement Corporation (GEIC)
The Graham Economic Improvement Corporation was incorporated on January 19, 1994. This allowed the GEIC to collect a ¼ of a cent of sales tax for economic development and ¼ cent of sales tax for ad valorem tax reduction. The original charter called for a 4A Corporation which was restrictive in the types of projects that could be funded for economic development.
In 2004, the 4A Corporation was converted to a 4B Corporation and the name was changed to the Graham Economic Improvement Corporation. The less restrictive 4b allowed the City to expand the Young County Arena. It is governed by a board appointed by the Graham City Council.
Graham Industrial Association (GIA)
The Graham Industrial Association was founded in 1956. For over 50 years, the Association has been the leading proponent for economic growth in Graham. It has played a major part in creating over 1,000 jobs and has seen the development of over 1 million sq ft of industrial buildings. Companies that have relocated through the Industrial Association have annualized payrolls in excess of 10 million dollars. Some of the businesses relocated by GIA to Graham include Hexcel, Graham Magnetics, Texas Recreation, Cavalier Homes, and Remington Tie Company. In the early 1960’s the GIA also provided office space for new doctors as they located to Graham.
The Graham Industrial Association has buildings and land available for businesses wishing to relocate to Graham or expand their current Graham businesses. The buildings range in size from 16,000 sq ft to 122,000 sq ft. Land is available in the Industrial Park and along Hwy 380.