SELECTION CRITERIA FOR YOUNG LEADERSHIP
The most important factor in selection is identifying those individuals most likely to utilize their leadership for the long-term benefit of the community. Basic criteria is:
1. Minimum age of 21 years.
2. Selection of those individuals with a sincere commitment, motivation and interest to serve in the community in a leadership capacity.
3. Selection of those who have demonstrated commitment by past community activities or have a strong desire to become active in this community.
4. Selection of those interested in key volunteer leadership roles in civic and public affairs.
5. Selection of those with opportunities for advancement to top leadership positions within their own organization which, in turn, may play a significant role in the community.
6. Selection of a diverse array of participants from different sections and different communities in Young County.
7. Selection of applicants who will commit to attend 9 complete sessions, including the mandatory overnight opening retreat.
Applicants should attempt to address these criteria in answering the questions on the application form.
(List last 5 yrs. including active military duty.)
ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENTS (to be determined by Curriculum Committee)
Meetings will begin in August and continue through May. Attendance at the September overnight retreat is mandatory with participants expected to attend all sessions. In the event of extenuating circumstances which require an absence from part or all of a session, participants should seek the approval of the steering committee. Participants must attend at least 90% of the sessions to graduate. Attendance is marked as “absent” if the participant does not stay for 50% or more of any given session date.
TUITION AND FUNDING
If accepted in the YOUNG COUNTY LEADERSHIP program, the fee for admission is $350. The tuition cost may be paid by an employer or sponsoring organization. You may be expected to personally pay a portion of the tuition cost. The tuition fee will cover meals, speakers, supplies, etc. Limited number of sponsorships are available.
If accepted in the YOUNG COUNTY All applications are subject to confidential evaluation. If you are not selected to participate in the current leadership program, your biographical data will be retained by the committee for consideration of later enrollment.