The Chalk the Walk competition on July 4th, 2022 is an activity designed to show our community patriotism in Graham, Texas. The competition coincides with the Independence Day ceremony and parade and allows both local artists and those from outside the city to demonstrate their artistic ability for a chance to win a cash prize:
Artists must complete the form below to enter the competition.
- Professional 1st Place: $1000
- Professional 2nd Place: $500
- Professional 3rd Place: $250
- Non-Professional/Amateur 1st Place: $50 in Chamber Bucks
- Non-Professional/Amateur 2nd Place: $50 in Chamber Bucks
Artwork will be evaluated by no less than 3 judges. Judging is based on the following criteria:
- Quality of artwork
- Representation of theme
Registration closes on Thursday, June 30th at 10 AM. Only those PRE-REGISTERED Artists will be judged.
We are excited to have you be part of our Independence Day celebration! Please be aware that ceremonies will be conducted between the hours of 9:00-11:00 AM. Your consideration of the solemnity of the ceremonies is greatly appreciated. Please keep noise to a minimum during those times.
Chalk the Walk Application (2022)
- Artwork must be complete and ready for judging by 10:30 AM on July 4th.
- Artists must check in with Chamber employees in front of the Courthouse to receive their participant number. The participant number must remain next to or in front of the designated art space to allow for judging. Please avoid including a name on the artwork until after the judging has been completed.
- Standard art space is 5ft x 4ft. Additional space may be provided depending on number of competing artists.
- Artists must bring their own supplies.
- Please no use of words, logos or anything that is demonic, gang related or inappropriate for “family” viewing.
- No fixatives such as hairspray, etc.
- People will be walking around your art space; please try to keep your supplies well contained.
- Please respect others who are painting around you; i.e.: do not walk on their painting or have open beverage containers which could spill and ruin someone’s artwork.
- There will be no access to power sources during the festival. Please bring your own batteries to supply power to your electric equipment.
- Artists are to have no contact/communication with judges leading up to or during the event.
ARTISTS MIGHT BRING
- Plenty of drinking water, sunscreen and hats for sun!
- Piece of cardboard to sit or stand on to avoid smearing your work.
- A pillow, gardener’s pad or knee pad to kneel on.
- Plastic to cover your work when finished.